Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Happy Halloween? Oh Yeah!












Since last Halloween, the husband has been lobbying for us to dress up as Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth.  So this year, for my parents' party, we made it happen.  Even if we did break the cardinal rule of costuming by wearing shirts emblazoned with our characters' names and likenesses.  My getup was especially glaring, as it didn't remotely resemble Miss Elizabeth's hair-sprayed, big-earringed, bustied look.  Which is why I passed myself off as more of an '80s era Miss Elizabeth fan.  Still, authentic or not, I loved my throwback threads -- especially because most of them came from my closet!  As for the husband, he had to give his macho mane wig a haircut.  And also joked about going to Wawa and demanding all the Slim Jims.  

That said, we had a spooktacular time at the party, enjoying my mom's frighteningly festive dΓ©cor and treats.  I hope you had a happy Halloween too, filled with your very own version of WWF-fueled frivolity.  With or without cured meats. 😏

5 comments:

Samantha said...

What a fun Halloween post!!! I adore the creative costumes you and your husband wore as a pair, and the super cute accessories you have on (especially the purple and pink rings!) Lastly, I'm absolutely blown away by your mom's festive decorations and the spooky foods and treats. Glad to see you had a fun Halloween! πŸ‘»πŸ§πŸŽƒ

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

You two look fabulous in your costumes and how wonderful that you had a party to go to. Your mom's Halloween spread is so cute and delicious looking. Love the Oreos and the eyes on the cups of the vegetables. Glad you had fun!!

ellie said...

Oh so festive!πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ what fun costumes and I love the decor 🦊🦊🦊🦊🍭🍭🍭🌈 happy November !

Caitlin n Megan said...

Oh so splendid! Great times! Thank you so much for reading and your comments πŸŒˆπŸ­πŸ¦ŠπŸ’œπŸ’πŸΎπŸ’πŸ’œπŸ¦ŠπŸ­πŸŒˆ

Jewel Divas Style said...

That pie... so many thoughts running through my head... so many jokes...

A very festive occasion looked to be had by all.