Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Whole Trio of Somethings New and Sparkly Made by a Girl in Her Pajamas

Fabulous Felt Strawberries Necklace


Fabulous Felt Cupcakes Necklace


Fabulous Felt Pineapple Paradise Necklace

I'm the girl in her pajamas. Or at least I was up until now. For the past four days I've been happily confined to my home courtesy of the recent blizzard. Brigantine received a record twenty-two inches, as I learned from local news reports accompanied by shots of some lost soul lounging on the snow-covered beach (there's always one). Today I'll be the one venturing out, bringing my pajama streak to an end (not that I'll be driving on those still possibly-treacherous roads. That happy honor goes to the bf.). I have to say, although I missed coming up with daily outfits, I really got into the whole hibernation thing. So much so that it made me revisit my dream of someday becoming a recluse. (Kidding. Sort of.)

Being housebound, I got down to business making new fabulous felt creations and became so productive that I ran out of my beloved permanent adhesive glue. The stuff has a tendency to erupt in skin-burning bubbles when I squeeze the bottle too hard, and I think that's how I lost so much of it (I have the raw hands to prove it). Yesterday I had the wild notion that I could persevere using a half-baked hybrid of Gorilla Glue and Elmer's, but my hopes were dashed when the jungle-themed necklace I was working on began to unravel. The bf and I are making an A.C. Moore run in a bit so I can restock before we meet my parents for dinner.

As always when I craft, I needed to find something semi-entertaining to watch. This is only a minor challenge on the weekends, but as I quickly learned, becomes a nearly insurmountable task during the week when soap operas, infomercials, and court TV reign supreme. So, I reverted to On Demand, zeroing in on the bargain movies section. The two best candidates were Adam Sandler's animated Eight Crazy Nights and Dude, Where's My Car? Oddly, I'd never seen either, and I sat there in a sea of felt shavings debating. Dude had Ashton Kutcher. But Nights was more seasonally appropriate. Dude was probably really offensive, but then Nights could be too juvenile. Dude, Nights, Dude, Nights, circled the argument in my head. Finally, I picked Eight Crazy Nights, mostly because I knew I wouldn't want to watch it in say, April, or whenever this pressing dilemma reared its head again.

For the record, Eight Crazy Nights turned out to be pretty offensive in its own right. But I'm not ashamed to admit that I didn't mind.

No comments: