Saturday, January 28, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: Coral Commotion



Fabulous Felt Purple Shapes Necklace

Top: Poof, Boscov's
Skirt: Xhilaration, Target
Shoes: Alloy
Bag: Chinese Laundry, JCPenney
Leggings: Marshalls
Hat: JCPenney
Bangles: JCPenney
Ring: JCPenney

Not quite orange and not quite pink, coral can be demure or daring depending on what you do with it.  I went in the direction of daring with this sweater, mixing it with a commotion of leopard, tribal, and geometric elements.  I'm especially excited about my new Fabulous Felt Purple Shapes Necklace.  Although I've loved using felt to fashion food-, foliage-, and feminine-themed necklaces, I find myself delving ever deeper into the world of shapes.  I'm drawn to their graphic aesthetic, 1980s edge, and capacity for color.  And also to their resemblance to gummy candy. 

2 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

You know what I think the world needs? A GIANT coffee table-type book made up of all of your creations and the ensembles you've fashionably pulled together to go with them! Your Fabulous Felt Purple Shapes Necklace would make for the perfect book jacket cover-piece! Am I right, or am I right?!

Jewel Divas Style said...

Love the hat.