Monday, January 23, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: Yikes Stripes




Fabulous Felt Blue Diamonds Necklace

Top: Olsenboye, JCPenney
Skirt: Xhilaration, Target
Shoes: Anne Michelle, Barefeet Shoes
Bag: Candie's, Kohl's
Hat: Kohl's

What is it about a one-sleeved top?  Is it its devil-may-care silent scream, "So what if I'm asymmetrical?"  Or maybe its flagrant disregard for balanced protection from the elements?  Or perhaps its nostalgic (near) nod to "The Flintstones?"  Whatever it is, I like it, especially in fiery stripes! 

This top served as the perfect backdrop for a geometric felt bib.  I got so excited that I made two versions: the asymmetrical and slightly unpolished one you see displayed with the outfit (for me to keep), and the slightly more restrained Fabulous Felt Blue Diamonds number for my shop.  Which do you prefer?          

No comments: