Friday, November 22, 2019

Auricular Extracurricular: Lisa Ear Loeb Vogue






Whimsical Wings Earrings

Ah, Lisa Loeb. The songstress that Seventeen likened to "the quiet girl in the back of English class who secretly has lots to say."  Or something.  I don't remember the exact wording, just the essence.  That part really, ahem, stayed with me.  But then, what '90s girl didn't fall head over platforms for this folksy song about lost love and feelings?

"You say I only hear what I want to
And you say I talk so all the time-so

And I thought what I felt was simple
And I thought that I don't belong
And now that I am leaving
Now I know that I did something wrong cause I missed you
Yeah, I missed you

And you say I only hear what I want to
I don't listen hard
I don't pay attention to the distance that you're running to or to
Anyone, anywhere
I don't understand if you really care
I'm only hearing negative, no no no-bad"

Lisa, here at the Trove, we know that you're listening.  To this dude in your song and to other stuff too.  We know that this breakup wasn't your fault, that you were taking the blame the way women do.  Because we hear you.  Because we're listening.

And because we want you to wear our earrings.

Or just jab them in the voodoo doll of your ex that you surely have stashed in your freezer.  Up to you.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I am loving these new earrings so much!! Each are distinctly unique and interesting to gaze at. Brilliant work! And what a great song to reference; listening to it takes you straight back to the good ol' 90's. The jabbing of the earrings into the voodoo doll is funny! :)