Saturday, December 19, 2020

Cape May Christmas: Where Are They Now?

 

Last December, the husband and I took one of those Christmas house tours in Cape May.  I hadn't beensince I was a little girl, and it turned out to be lots of fun.  This year, because of the pandemic, the Cape May MAC (Museums, Arts, and Culture) is offering the tour virtually (I know because I'm now on their email list).  And that made me wonder, without the crowds of admirers this year, are the hosts sad and lonely?  Or, are they relieved not to have muddy-booted strangers, sticky-fingered children and all, traipsing through their pristine parlors? 

We'll probably never know.

That said, here are some of those homes' sedate and stately interiors:




If I could, to commemorate this year, I'd superimpose a happy homeowner hanging from this chandelier.

Huh.  I guess we do have the answer to that earlier question.  Those hosts aren't sad and lonely.  They're partying down.     

So, carry on, house tour people.  And happy, foot traffic-free holidays!  

You've earned it.

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Holy cow, what a beautiful house!! I love the interior design and with its Christmas décor (and your idea of superimposing the homeowner hanging from the chandelier!) That's cool you can still tour it in the virtual world. :)

Kinga K. said...

Pretty Christmas photos❤

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww.... wonderful light...
I wish to visit the place one day.

Merry Christmas.

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

Such a beautiful house and Christmas tree. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/12/kilian-woman-in-gold.html

Roseann said...

Loving the pics of the homes, displaying such beauty and elegance. I agree that the owners must have savored the respite this year, despite their enjoyment of showing off their grand abodes.