Monday, December 28, 2020

Reptile Resurrection: Buyer and Boa Beware

Clockwise: Mix No. 6, DSW; ALDO, Macy's; Mix No. 6, DSW; Steve Madden, Macy's; ShoeDazzle, Zulily; Mix No. 6, DSW

The only good snake is a dead snake.  Or, better yet, a fake snake.  Which is as good an intro as any to the rainbow of faux reptile rollicking here.  Once upon a time, I had a whole terrarium full of snake print stuff.  Skirts, bags, belts, you name it, I had it, choking the life out of the neighboring leopards and florals.  And then one by one, I weeded them out, thinking, these wild wardrobe sidewinders just aren't for me.  Then, about six months ago, snake print became trendy again, and I, forever a slave to fashion, was helpless to avoid its scaly embrace.  Because there's something irreverent about wearing snake print, especially in unnatural colors.  It's like you're changing the snake from an agent of death into a fun party crasher.  It's still dangerous, but in a good way.  Like riding a rickety roller coaster.  As opposed to, say, riding a rickety roller coaster run by a clown.    

So take heed, boas, cobras, and garters (especially garters, as you're the one I'm most likely to see).  Mess with me, and I'll turn you into stilettos.   

6 comments:

Sunika (Asuncion Artal) said...

I have a beautiful dress with this print

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

I had snake print bag and shoes, fake of course and they look very elegant. I like your collection. Happy New Year.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/12/beauty-of-organization.html

Victòria | My thoughts on... said...

Hello!! I don't usually wear this style but I think I will deffinitely try next time it will come in trendy. Better faux ones, always hehe Take care <3

Kinga K. said...

Nice print ❤

Samantha said...

Your snake print shoes are so fun! They definitely are more welcoming than a real snake (eek!). I think my favorite pair in the photo are the rainbow ones, top center! So cute!!!

Jewel Divas Style said...

I'm not really into animal prints. I definitely know browns don't suit me, so unless I can find something in pink or blue, then animals are restricted for me.