Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Birthdays are Like Blogs . . .

. . . because both are self-centered.  Then again, a candy's gooey center is the best part -- even if it pulls out your teeth.  And today is my thirty-ninth birthday.  So here are the things at the center of me, both literally and figuratively -- a collage of the best of my big ass brooches!  Clowns, cacti, balloons, aliens, guitars, cupcakes -- they're all here in a happy hodgepodge.  But then, I'm no stranger to birthday flair.  Here I am on my ninth birthday back in 1991:

My favorite gift was a wearable stuffed animal called a Brush-a-Love (so named for the brush at the end of its tail), which I'm somewhat creepily cozying up to.  The eagle-eyed observer will also notice the Nosy Bear peeking out from the table and the fact that I'm missing a tooth.  Not from eating candy (I don't think), but still.

Those were the days.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time to craft (and, okay, nap) until leaning into my cheeseburger and cake and ice cream coma.

4 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww...you look so cute when you was kid... happy birthday.

Have a great weekend

Samantha said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope you enjoyed your very special day! I absolutely love what you did with the brooches! That's a super creative idea and it works wonderfully against the black top. The photo of you at age 9 is adorable! You still look super young now, too. :)

Himawan Sant said...

From the photo when you were child, your face looked beautiful and cheerful.

Happy Birthday, Tracy.
Wish you a lot of happiness and success.

Jewel Divas Style said...

Toys were always cool when we were kids. And I will categorically say, that 80s and 90s toys were the best!