Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Boots and Saddles, er Sandals: Putting My Best Western Foot Forward

Bag: Mellow World, Kohl's

Necklace: Some store in The Bahamas

Top: IZ Byer, Kohl's

Skirt: Wild Fable, Target

Flip flops: Katy Perry Collection, Nordstrom Rack

Tee: Wrangler, Kohl's


Hat: On 34th, Macy's



Cowboy boots, Wild Fable, Target; Skirt: So, Kohl's

Hair clip and sunglasses: Wild Fable, Target




Top: Xhilaration, Target 

Despite my many gripes about fall, I can't deny that it has its perks.  And one of the best is being able to wear boots one day and sandals the next.  So it was with the rah rah spirit of a rodeo clown (and Ted Mosby) that I donned my red cowboy boots to entertain visitors (okay, my mom), my saguaro sandals to take Charlotte to the park, and the boots again to get my COVID shot.  

That said, I'm already planning my flu shot fit.  Maybe I'll go with spurs to shout out western wear once again -- as well as sharp objects.

3 comments:

ellie said...

Oh so clever..that last paragraph 😊 I do love those boots! I love the cacti sandals. Although, I can't wear sandals like those. But I have one friend who could wear flip-flops all year around. She now lives in Arizona. Over the summer a friend wore flip-flops to a concert and broke her toe. Again, I told her..um, you shouldn't do that. Yes, I'm a Debbie Downer at every turn. Yes, I will confess I do love my kids size crocks for life in the kitchen and my runs to the grocery store. 💛💛💛💛💛💛So many fabulous colors in your Autumn wardrobe! Love it!🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍂🍂🍂 Yes, such a busy first weel at the library. Books books and more books 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🍁🍁🍁🍁🍂🍂🍂🍂Oh, as always, I have been having fun getting around to different characters..even Boone and Maddie...and yes, I am sure I have confused myself with how to write Rainey or Raney..but you might see him in the future too. 🍂🍂🍂🍂💛💛💛💛💛 All the best to your Cowgirl 'clown' Autumn!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I like so many of your accessories and outfits in this post but the bright RED cowboy boots are the BEST!! I just love them. Of course I also like the ruffled skirt and the cactus sandals a lot too. You are so right about the fall season. It is 44 degrees here a 7:40 am and yesterday was 74 in the afternoon. It's a 2 outfit a day weather for sure.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, we are close to having a freeze this morning. Truly, it has been a Hot October..but it feels like fall. Still no rain..I hope all is well with your October and your creativity and more. I am sure someone is growing by leaps and bounds. Such colorful October outfits! I love it. You are always inspiring! Wishing you lots of pink in your October decorations! I am still struggling with my Barbie sweaters I wanted to make out of socks. It is best to hand sew. Otherwise, the sewing machine will eat up the sock. Happy October 💛🎃💛💛🎃