Thursday, August 11, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Inspired by Marshalls


Floral top: Marshalls
Tank: Mossimo, Target
Skirt: Marshalls
Shoes: MetroStyle
Bag: Loop, Marshalls
Belt: Tournier Everything $10 store

Felt Lime and Blue Bouquet Corsage Necklace

Top: Kohl's
Skirt: Metaphor, Sears
Bag: Journeys
Shoes: Nine West, Burlington Coat Factory

I picked up the mismatched-on-purpose top and skirt in the first outfit at Marshalls the other day. In my head, I teamed it up with my neon green belt and sandals, then went a step further and imagined a lime green felt leaf-motif necklace setting off the floral pattern of the caftany top. Naturally, I was excited. Nothing would do but to stop at A.C. Moore to get the lime felt and go home to make a couple of corsages; one for me (the one with the yellow beads) and one to list in my shop. The Marshalls outfit is less impressive in person than it was in my mind. But the necklace turned out better than I'd hoped, which I suppose is more important.

What inspires you when you shop?

No comments: