Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Orange You Glad



Crazy for Kawaii Simply Citrus Bib Necklace

Crazy for Kawaii Citrus Sensation Bib Necklace

Top: Mudd, Kohl's
Skirt (or rather, a cleverly concealed dress!): Never Too Spoiled
Shoes: Nine West, DSW
Bag: XOXO, ROSS Dress for Less 

A couple of weekends ago, I made the above Crazy for Kawaii Citrus Sensation Bib Necklace. To my utter amazement it racked up more than 600 views in my Etsy shop! That never happens, so I went into my Etsy site activity report to investigate and found that I was getting direct traffic from Twitter. I guess someone must have posted a link to my listing there. I had plenty of fruit slices left over, so I thought, why not make a new but very similar neckpiece? This Crazy for Kawaii Simply Citrus number (pictured above the first one) was the result. Note the absence of the glittery buttons and rhinestones. I'd thought those were a little too much the first time around anyway. But you know how it is. You get all caught up in the groove of crafting, slapping sparkly stuff on willy-nilly only to step back at the end and realize you've gone too far.