Monday, November 7, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: A Bird of a Different Color




Summer Camp Feather Corsage Necklace

Top: Venus
Cardigan and belt: Worthington, JCPenney
Skirt: Xhilaration, Target
Shoes: Betseyville, Macy's
Bag: Bisou Bisou, JCPenney
Tights: JCPenney
Bracelet: Parade of Shoes
Ring: Making Waves, Ocean City

Back in summer camp, my favorite activity was arts and crafts.  I used to pray for rain so I could make key chains and pencil toppers instead of braving the batting cage or BB gun range.  This Summer Camp Feather Corsage Necklace reminds me of the kind of thing I might have made in the old craft pavilion.  (Whether this means that it's charmingly nostalgic or that it looks like it was made by an eight-year-old is up to you.) 

In a related note, I was out shopping for my sister's birthday gifts again when I snagged this cobalt space-dyed, belted cardigan in JCPenney.  I'd admired it before, envisioning it as the crowning touch for this very outfit, but had written it off as an unnecessary indulgence.  As it turns out, that was the best thing I could've done because today it was marked down to $4.97!  Plus, I had a $10 off coupon to apply to my entire purchase, lowering it to just $3.68.  To say that I was thrilled is an understatement.  People like to poke fun at JCPenney, but I've always found it to be an emporium of exciting finds.  On the way out I spotted several colorful scarves and a hot pink-banded watch that called to me (never mind that it was next to a bevy of Justin Bieber timepieces).

2 comments:

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

So many amazing colours! x hivenn

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks for looking/reading! I just love big, bold colors; wearing them makes everything better.