Thursday, November 10, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: I Was Working in the Lab Late One Night





Top: Poof, Marshalls
Skirt: Bubblegum, Macy's
Shoes: a.n.a., JCPenney
Bag: Nahui Ollin

When I was a kid, my science text book pages exploded with overflowing beakers, day-glo amoebas, and cartoonish atoms.  And that always sort of stuck with me.  So some months ago I thought, why not conduct my own experiment in the form of this Fabulous Felt Mad Scientist Necklace?  But as is the case with so many of my ideas, I put it on the back (Bunsen) burner.  Then this past Monday, Google honored Marie Curie's 144th birthday with one of its charming Google doodles, and I was reminded of my necklace.  What better way to honor the mother of radioactivity (not to mention the subject of my third grade book report) than with a trinket where style meets science?  I like to think the good Madame would have glowed with pride.

No comments: