Thursday, May 24, 2012

Getting Through Thursday With Another Shoe Montage: Prints Plus

Clockwise: Madden Girl, DSW; Madden Girl, DSW; Candie's, Kohl's; Madden Girl, DSW; Candie's, Kohl's; Anne Michelle, Alloy

Prints Plus was the name of an art print store at my local mall (a sure sign of the 1990s if ever there was one; I can still that print of those dogs playing poker in the back corner).  But that's the phrase that leapt to mind when I looked at this jumble of florals and indistinct splotches.  There was a time when I thought a print shoe to be an extravagance.  If you had a few solid leather (well, polyurethane) pairs in black, brown, and white (for those transient, halcyon days between Memorial Day and Labor Day), then you were good to go.  Of course, this was before I'd embraced pattern mixing.  Now it's a rare day that I'm not sporting something splashy on my feet.  And I must say that my travels have been the more colorful for it :)

2 comments:

Jewel Divas Style said...

Jesus, how many pairs of shoes do you have?

The Tote Trove said...

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 125, including flip flops :)