Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Something New and Sparkly: Tie One On




 Fabulous Felt Yellow Bow Barrette

Fabulous Felt Blue Bow Barrette 

Fabulous Felt Green Bow Barrette

Dress: Kohl's
Flip flops: Tommy Hilfiger, Marshalls
Bag: Xhilaration, Target
Scarf: JCPenney

A bow, that is.  (Although if you're inclined to have a nightcap, far be it from me to stop you.)  Something tells me that I've used this post title before.  But then, writing a blog is fraught with such pitfalls.  I live in fear of regurgitating one-liners like some doddering but well-meaning great-uncle who fancies himself the last word in cleverness while his captive audience inwardly groans.  

I loved making these bow barrettes.  They gave me the chance to experiment with color combinations and use my printed felt (houndstooth and polka dots and leopard, oh my!).  In case you're wondering, these aren't the "quirky" clips I alluded to some posts ago.  Those are still scattered across my coffee table, as I've been hit with a bit of a barrette back-up.

1 comment:

Valerie Boersma said...

Houndstooth, polka dot and leopard print felt? Oh my! These bow barrettes are so cute!

And I know I've regurgitated a line or two in my time:) And it's also likely that some day I'll be one of those well meaning great-aunts;)

Hope you are having a great week Tracy! :)