Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me



Today is my birthday. I'm 28. I thought I would feel older, but I'm surprisingly ok with it. The bf just called from work to ask what I was doing, and I said, "blogging about my birthday . . . it doesn't get any more narcissistic than this." He just laughed and said, "Hey, I wasn't gong to say anything . . ."

I took off from work (first time I ever did that for my birthday) and wanted to document my joy before it evaporated. My birthday activities included the following:

I slept in a little, did some decoupaging to a Saved by the Bell rerun, uploaded some new items to my ArtFire shop, ordered this awesome unicorn cuff and necklace from Art All Night on Etsy, then showered and set off for DSW where I bought too many pairs of shoes (all on sale, though) with my birthday coupon. Then my dad called to suggest we meet for lunch at Red Robin (it was his lunch hour). I wasn't expecting that, wasn't even planning to stop for lunch, actually, so that was nice. After lunch I made a quick trip to Marshalls before going to see Did You Hear About the Morgans? I had a free ticket coupon (I'm part of the Regal club, or whatever it's called), so that was even better. It was just me and this one other woman in the theater. She was sitting in the row in front of mine and laughed very loudly every time someone said something funny. At one point she turned around and said, "I'm sorry!" I had to hold back my own laughter, from the irony, as I assured her that it was ok. As for the movie, it was exactly as I expected it to be: peppered with Hugh Grant's signature dry British wit, a little reminiscent of Sex and the City because I can't help but think of Carrie every time I see Sarah Jessica Parker in something, predictable, a little sappy, and overall highly enjoyable. I've never been afraid to admit that I like a good chick flick.

Now I'm just doing what I like to do best until the bf comes home. Then we'll go out to dinner. Saturday, I'll celebrate with my family "birthday circuit" style (for those of you not familiar with the Esposito birthday circuit, it just means that we all go out to the Italian restaurant of the birthday person's choice (either my mom, dad, sister, grandmother, or aunt), then return to Esposito headquarters for cake and presents).

That's it. I'm having a great day. Narcissism session concluded.

No comments: