Sunday, January 3, 2010

Make and Tell Challenge, Days 122 & 123: Bangle Brigade



I haven't been consistent in this Make and Tell Challenge. Skipping days, missing days, and whatnot. I apologize for that. This holiday season sort of wiped me out, and sometimes it was all I could do to drag myself to my computer. But on this windy Sunday I seem to be reenergized. So I've elected to stay at my computer, upgrading my various web sites, organizing my files, and catching up with this neglected blog.

This past Friday and Saturday I continued decoupaging (I didn't do anything on Thursday). I'm beginning to learn that it's tedious work. As in, I'll think I'm done with one of these bracelets only to discover that a piece of plastic is showing through and I need to glue on another paper remnant, or that the whole thing needs yet another coat of Mod Podge and Elmer's. But I want these to be nice. So I don't mind taking my time. Besides, it's not a race to see how fast I can post them to my Etsy shop. I think in 2010 that's one of the things that I need to realize; I'm an artist, not a factory. So if something takes me a little longer than anticipated, then that's ok.

No comments: