Monday, April 11, 2011

Bows: A Trend Worth Tying


SugarPop Clothing

Forever 21

Zedhead


Not too long ago I thought, hey, I've been seeing a lot of bow clothes and accessories around; I think I'd like to do a post on that. So, I went online and scouted all my favorite virtual shops. But oddly enough, the expected bevy of bow-inspired buys did not beckon (say that five times fast). On the contrary, I had to search really hard for the paltry few items displayed here. That's when it dawned on me that maybe bows aren't trendy now; maybe they were trendy a few years ago. (I'm seldom up on such things, as I wear the same stuff for years.) Still, I persevered, opting to brave the depths of my own closet. I emerged with the pieces you see arranged in the collage in the first picture (my apologies for the visible snatches of unattractive tan carpet).

This post didn't turn out to be as interesting as I'd anticipated. But it did help me discover that I'd like to add some yellow bow accessories to my collection. Which was no small discovery. No collection, after all, is complete without yellow.

2 comments:

Jewel Divas Style said...

Never really been into bows. Sure, I had some hair bows when I was a teenager as they were around way back then. But bows on adult clothing and accessories look childish. They need to stay for kids and teens.

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks for your candor.