Thursday, December 19, 2019

Squad Soles

 From top left center clockwise: Journee, Kohl's; Michael Antonio, JCPenney; Betsey Johnson, DSW; Anne Michelle, JCPenney; Betsey Johnson, Macy's; Betsey Johnson, DSW

Left, left, left, right, left . . . is a reference to shoes and the Army.  As is this quote from Private Benjamin:

"I wanna wear my sandals.  I wanna go out to lunch."

Goldie, you got it.  Because when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping.  Shoe shopping.  So here are some pairs that I purchased this fall, arranged in a Ferris wheel starburst.  My favorites are the rainbow ones from JCPenney.  But I also love the black and leopard cut-outs from Kohl's.  They're ladylike but fierce, like a beauty queen who's also a wrestler.  Plus, they came with an inspirational postcard.  You can't see all of the writing because some of it's white, but it says: "Happiness is just a pair of shoes away."  


You said it, Journee!  I'd expect nothing less from a footwear company named after a trip that also teaches you something.  

Kind of like Private Benjamin.  And also a mean game of dodgeball.

3 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, all the shoes you bought are wonderful and I really understand that the rainbow shoes are your favs! Merry Christmas!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

What cute shoes!!! I love them all; they're each so unique. There truly is something about shoe shopping. "Happiness is just a pair of shoes away" - so true! It's amazing how shoes can, quite literally, add a pep in our step! ;)

Jewel Divas Style said...

Gorgeous shoes, Tote. I always love seeing what you buy as it's so different to what I buy. I'd love to be able to wear heels like that but I just can't.