Sunday, December 29, 2019

Partridge in a Pear Wee




Punchy Produce Charm Bracelet

Top: Lily Star, Target
Skirt: Hollister, Marshalls
Shoes: Zulily
Bag: Sleepyville Critters, Amazon
Belt: Marshalls
Yellow bracelet: Amrita Singh, Zulily
Barrette: The Tote Trove


It may not be the first day of Christmas.  Or even the second.  But I won't let that stop me from posting 1) my Christmas Day and two-days-after-Christmas-lunch-with-the-husband's-grandmother outfits or 2) my new fruit-themed jewelry.  Also, in case you hadn't noticed, in the first photo, I'm standing by a picture of -- yes, you see it -- fruit.

And now for something that doesn't involve actual fruit but is the color of a cartoon watermelon: this here elf.


I got him at Michaels for 70% off yesterday.  I'd been eyeing him up all season, trying to decide if he was cute or grotesque or somewhere in between.  For a supposed wee one, he made for a very large ornament.  "He's weird," I observed, turning him over in my hands, "but he's only $3."  "Well, then that's $3 worth of weird," said the husband.  As you know, weird always wins out with me.  I plunked him into my basket.

Now, you may be thinking that this is especially weird because my last post was about the (fictional) murder of the Elf on the Shelf.  But I assure you that this merry not-quite mite is in no such danger and is much safer at my house than he would be at Michaels (who knows what miscreants roam those aisles?).  Even if earlier today I noticed that the husband had moved him from his spot at the base of the fireplace to a new perch on the steps.  Then I moved him to the love seat to photograph him.  He's still there.  Let's see if the husband says anything.   

Aw, too late.  He came in not a minute ago with his knowledge all over his face.  And then, obvi, he saw me writing this.  Guess this kidnap-and-go-seek of a melony felony's over.  Wait.  Felony Melanie.  That was Reese Witherspoon's character's nickname in Sweet Home Alabama.  Which has nothing to do with anything.

Except . . . Melanie/Reese stealing from Michaels might make for a good movie.  I can see it now: Craft Crimes: When Bitches Get Stitches.  Only it would be "bitches" in an empowering way because Melanie/Reese would be lifting yarn and paint for creative geniuses in a women's shelter.  Get ready for a montage starring graffiti.  Also, a cameo from Bad Seed.

That's going to be my elf's stage name.   

4 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, I think the elf is weird and cute at the same time :) And I love the looks you wore during the Christmas days - and for sure the picture with the fruits!
Happy 2020!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Tanza Erlambang said...

cute little elf

Happy New year

Samantha said...

Your Christmas dresses are absolutely stunning!! I really love the fruity necklace and bracelet you made (paired so well with the pin and purse!). I love how big the elf's shoes are compared to his tiny frame. He found a good home, and I loved reading how you thought you got away with "kidnap-and-go-seek", then got discovered mid-blog-post! :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

LOVE the green santa dress.

As for the elf, I find them weird and a bit possessed.