Thursday, February 6, 2020

Pants and Pastels




Sometimes I wear pants.  One of these pictures proves it.  And whenever I do, I think about how there was a time when women wearing pants was forbidden.  Now, this isn't to say that pants aren't problematic.  Because pants can be uncomfortable (especially the tight, high-waisted ones).  And wearing the pants takes guts.  But pants also have their rewards.  For one thing, you can run to the ice cream truck faster.  For another, as they (sort of) say, with great responsibility comes great power. 

So, power to the pants and the ladies who wear them.  And to the freedom for women (and men!) to choose between skirts and pants every day. 

Also, to sometimes settling for culottes. 

3 comments:

Tanza Erlambang said...

interesting.....

Have a great day

Samantha said...

You certainly rock pants!! I love the ice cream barrette paired with the matching sweater. You look like a magical mermaid in the last photo!

Jewel Divas Style said...

Nothing wrong with pants! I wear mine a lot as it's far more comfortable and I feel more secure in them. At least if I fall over I'm not flashing anyone.