Saturday, October 17, 2020

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Stilettos are Sweet, but Gerry is Too

Dress: Arizona Jeans, JCPenney

If I Dreamed a Desert Barrette Brooch

Dress: ELLE, Kohl's

Yummy Gummy Bears Necklace

Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW

Sweater: Nine West, Kohl's

Bag: Nahui Ollin

? Parrot Necklace

Blouse: Macy's

Fabulous Felt Yellow Folk Flowers Barrette

Bag: Marshalls; Shoes: Not Rated, Journeys

Not too long ago, I was crafting and rewatching P.S. I Love you when I caught this quote:

"Just create something . . . new, and there it is, and it's you, out in the world, outside of you, and you can look at it, or hear it, or read it, or feel it . . . and you know a little more about . . . you.  A little more than anyone else does.  Does that make any sense at all?"

This is what Holly (Hilary Swank) says when she meets Gerry (Gerard Butler) and explains her need to be creative.  And yes, it makes total sense!  There's something about seeing the thing that was once in your head become real -- and knowing that others can see it too -- that makes you feel human.  Then again, Holly doesn't put her imagination where her instep is and design shoes until Gerry kicks the bucket.  But you know what they say.  The course to true love never runs smooth.

It should go without saying that the part about creativity speaks to me.  So I'm showing you me wearing colorful stuff, some of which I made, like I do.  And -- because I like you so much -- I'm throwing in some knickknacks, too.  Like the clothes, they make me happy to count myself among the kind of people who surround themselves with whimsy.

Bottles: A.C. Moore

Kaleidoscope: Kohl's

Gerry/Gerard, if you're out there, then forget what I said earlier.  Dead or alive, you're always the dream, even when up against footwear.  Because when you met Holly, you thought, "I never saw so many colors on the same girl" and then promptly set out to pursue her.  And that, dude, deserves devotion.  

Even though, years later, you yelled at her for buying too much Marc Jacobs on eBay.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

That red dress is so stunning on you!! I love it paired with the "If I Dreamed a Desert" brooch. ❤️ That paint palette purse is AMAZING!!! It ties in perfectly with the blue dress ensemble and gummy bear necklace. The parrot necklace is so cute and I like how it stands vertically, like it's perched on your shirt. :) Lastly, I love how you styled the black bow in the last photo with the beautiful Folk Flowers barrette! Holly's quote about creating is so true. I enjoyed seeing the colorful knickknacks at the end of the post!

Kinga K. said...

You look stunning in this red dress ❤

Jewel Divas Style said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I watched that movie online and cried the whole way through. And what was it? Two and a half hours? I was completely red and stuffed afterwards. Although, Gerard Butler and Jeffery Dean Morgan, hello!

Love those bottles. Would love a coloured bottle collection, but, no room.