Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Treat Feat

Flip flops: Katy Perry Collections; Mules: Mix No. 6, DSW

You know how these days every day is its own mini holiday?  Like National Ice Cream Day or Free National Parks Day or Hug a Sloth Day?  (I made that last one up.  Although there is an International Sloth Day; its motto is "slow down to celebrate.")  Well, today is Treat Yourself Day.  And I only know that because my sister, who goes over these celebrations with her three-year-old daily, told me.  She also texted me that it's (Amazon) Prime Day.  To which I replied, "I know, how apropos!"  And we both LOL'd because, Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari) and Donna Meagle (Retta), hashtag Treat Yo' Self, Parks and Recreation.   

Gift from my sister last Christmas.

Another thing that's apropos today is that my $3.50 flip flops arrived from, not Amazon, but Katy Perry Collections.  They were so cheap because I used my loyalty points from my previous plunders to buy them.  I was doubly excited because just last week I got a free pair of Mix No. 6 mules from DSW, an acquisition made possible by stacked rewards certificates.  And so I thought, what better time than Treat Yourself Day to post them?!  So here they are, my comfy fab finds, a treat for the eyes and arches.    

If only I could say the same about Jerry (Jim O'Heir) -- er, Larry -- on Parks and Recreation.

2 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Wow, you have really amazing shoes and it is really unbelievable which days are now ... your sister is well-informed in this context :)
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Jewel Divas Style said...

Didn't do Prime Day this year as I'm saving up for the goodies I do want. Great shoes, and who doesn't love freebies because of points saved?