Sunday, October 11, 2020

Under the Archway . . .

. . . awaits a world of wonder and whimsy.  Under the archway of my porch, that is, and also under the Archway cookies.  Not too long ago, I was retrieving a package from my front step when I noticed the half moon of bright blue sky under the arched overhang and thought, now, that would make a nice picture.  And then I thought of Archway cookies because when I was little, my grandmother used to give them to my sister and me.  They were usually the ones with the jelly in the middle, and whenever I see them, I think of her.  These days, my favorite flavor is the frosty lemon; the husband likes the Dutch cocoa.  


I love cookies so much (but then, who doesn't?) that once in a blue moon, I'm tempted to bake them.  But whenever that feeling strikes, I make them out of felt instead (after, of course, buying some).  Like in this Snack Attack Barrette Brooch and old (but not stale!) Chocolate Chip Cookie Brooch.  I'm always much happier with the results.  Plus, there's no danger of burning the house down.

Top: Bongo, Sears

Snack Attack Barrette Brooch

Chocolate Chip Cookie Brooch

And that's how the cookie crumbles.  Also, how we got from cookies to childhood to baking to felt and back to cookies again, bringing us to the end of this If You Give a Mouse a Cookie style post.  Which means that there's only one cliché left to say:

Got milk?  

3 comments:

Victòria | My thoughts on... said...

I love to bake chocolate chip cookies but I can only do it with my receipt. The other ones don't work for me and I end up burning the chocolate!

Samantha said...

I looooove that Chocolate Chip Cookie brooch!!! It looks good enough to eat. The Snack Attack barrette is adorable and makes me think of a midnight snack adventure to the refrigerator. Those Archway cookies look delicious and the lemon ones would definitely be my favorite (love the flower shape, too!) The archway photo is stunning with that bright pop of blue. 💙

Jewel Divas Style said...

Ugh! I'm on a diet and you're talking about biscuits.