Thursday, March 4, 2021

Daffodil Frill Fits the Bill

The other day, this plant on my windowsill bloomed.  I hadn't even known what it was going to be (the husband, our resident plant guru, was the one who gave it a home).  So when I saw that it was a daffodil, my favorite flower, I was excited, so much so that I plonked a piece of blue poster board behind it and snapped away.  

Aside from loving this blossom's golden, graphic, crown-like look, I'm also into its name.  Daffodils make me think of Daffy Duck, the adjective "daffy" (a.k.a. not all there), and the store Daffy's, which may or may not have gone bankrupt.  Put them together, and you've got a ditsy duck, flower in bill, trolling for bargains.  Not a bad gig.

Also, maybe Daffy Duck is snacking on Laffy Taffy.  Because people dig candy and words that rhyme.  

And they need the sugar to fuel the shopping.

4 comments:

windowtothebeauty said...

Amazing post!
Thanks for sharing 😍😍
Regards:)

Tanza Erlambang said...

Daffodil and Tulip are favorite to many people....
your daffodil looks pretty...

Have a wonderful day

The Exclusive Beauty Diary said...

I had also situation that one of my plants start bloom and I didn't know that will have flowers. Now I have 3 beautiful small flowers.

New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/03/clarins-lip-comfort-oil-04-candy.html

Samantha said...

What a beautiful shot you got!! The blue is perfection with the yellow daffodil. Daffy Duck is so cute - I always liked her! And now I am craving Laffy Taffy... ❤️ (especially the banana and grape flavor!)