Monday, March 29, 2021

Horse With No Shame: How the West Was Fun

Top: Chaps, Kohl's

Camisole: Macy's

Boots: 2 Lips Too, Zulily

Cardigan thingy: Kohl's

Bag: Betsey Johnson, Marshalls

Scarf: Mossimo, Target

Remember those Stetson cologne commercials from the '90s?  The ones with the glamorous cowboy and cowgirl setting off on a horse for a night of romance?  (By the way, get ready for romance -- the word, not the thing -- because I'm going to use it a lot.)  I always found them intriguing, even if I never smelled the dubious drugstore scent they were hawking and knew better than to romanticize people who smell, not like adventure, but horse hide.  Maybe it's because I'm so firmly East Coast and am attracted to anything different.  Kind of like when Maine-bred interim Dunder Mifflin branch manager Deangelo Vickers (Will Ferrell) declared his love for paintings of the Southwest.  

That said, I think my love of western wear, both its bold serape stripes (I see you, Chaps sweatshirt) and blushing prairie florals (right on, Willa Cather-esque cardi), is rooted in delusion, er, idealism, much like Deangelo Vickers's.  It's a way for me to experience the wild west's romance without having to endure its hardscrabble reality. 

Because if there's anything I hate, then it's stuff described as hardscrabble.  

See above thing about smelly horses.

6 comments:

ellie said...

LOL...I love the title to this. Oh, I can only imagine Willa in florals... You have such a Bohemian flare! Such a wonderful outfit with the cardigan thingie and those boots. Wonderful post!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such great florals! Love them. Beautiful stripes too! Oh, this post is a riot! & I would wear those boots!

Ivy's Closet said...

Such a fantastic post! Just what a cowboy needs. Really, some beautiful items. Now that's true romance!

Samantha said...

Ahhh, what stunning prints!! I especially love the blue cowboy boots with the floral top. ❤️

all types recepies and desert said...

So beautiful

Jewel Divas Style said...

Damn, you've got some good stuff.