Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Bigger and Bolder, Brighter and Golder: Brooching the Accessory Subject

Coat and blouse: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Headband: INC, Macy's


Dress: Planet Gold, Macy's


Every Christmas, I make some more festive brooches.  And like every savvy small businesswoman, I list them a few days before Christmas so that no one can buy and receive them before the big day.  Also, they're not really brooches, but barrette brooches.  Which means that they don't have a pin, but an alligator clip.  In other words, you can clip them to a coat collar or neckline but not through a sweater.  

Am I killing it or what?

Clearly, "or what."

But that's okay.  Because this year I decided to make brooches -- er, barrette brooches -- that are more ornate and embellished than any I've ever made before.  And that satisfies my crafter's soul, practicalities be damned.

So here's to doing Christmas your way.  

Even if that means being way, way behind. 

7 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

You have made some really beautiful brooches for Christmas. I especially love the last one on the post. The Planet Gold dress from Macy's looks stunning on you. It's wonderful that you enjoy making the brooches- such a creative project regardless if you get to sell them in time.

ellie said...

Oh! These Brooches are beautiful! So colorful and very festive! Such great stockings and boots too! Really! YOU NAILED IT! Such a wonderful Festive Christmas Post!πŸŒ΅πŸŽ„❤️πŸŽ„πŸŒ΅πŸŽ„❤️πŸŽ„πŸŒ΅πŸŽ„πŸŒ΅Thanks for enduring all that reading! I do appreciate your comments! & I am glad all is well there! I feel I am behind in the story of Boone & Lily. I have been putting it off. But it's gotta happen sometime! And of course, this infection in my tooth has set me back too. But hopefully I will be ready for Christmas. All the best to the beautiful holidays with your family and all! Thanks for being here! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh so much lovely art! I like that these brooches are on a clip! Great Christmas outfits. You are so inspiring❤️πŸŒ΅πŸŽ„πŸŒ΅❤️πŸŒ΅πŸŽ„πŸŒ΅❤️ I am also glad you guys are OK from this wicked winter storm. Really, we have snow in the forecast and then it doesn't get here. We do need the moisture.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅πŸŒ΅❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️I am sure against my better judgement I just move on with things.. with Elvis and Wade with Rox along the way...yet maybe it's more of a True Friends holiday season too. All the best to a lovely Christmas and much much more!

Ivy's Closet said...

You most definitely bring new COLOR to Christmas! Oh, I wish you the best on these new Brooches! So lovely! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Well, I have discovered Co-pilot..so my might be seen just a little AI this week! It feels like it's been a bogged down week. Not quite the dance I was hoping for to get ready for Christmas. Although, just being out looking at the price of food can set you back. Um, snacks all the way..for Christmas here! Here's too good reads, laughter and enjoying all the little things this holiday season!

Samantha said...

Way behind or not, these barrette brooches are absolutely festively fabulous!!! They're so ornate, detailed, and beautifully colored. They add a stunning detail to your gorgeous outfits, and I especially adore the prep school kind of vibe of the first outfit! I also spy your Christmas tree purse - love it! πŸ’šπŸŽ„πŸ’

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Came back to wish you a very Merry Christmas filled with blessings of joy, peace, love, and family.

Jewel Divas Style said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're going for Jem and The Holograms vibes with stockings and heels in those colours. Blue and yellow!

Take a look - https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/191121577927687209/