Saturday, December 23, 2023

Cozy Christmas Crime Time


Christmas can be murder.  Wrapping, baking, and decorating are enough to make even Santa's helpers head for hibernation.  That's why it's so satisfying to leave it all behind and disappear into a Christmas-themed murder mystery.  There's something soothing about sitting back as the heroines deal with last-minute guests plus all manner of pests and put up their trees at the eleventh hour.  In other words, whatever stress fest you've got going on will seem peaceful in comparison to catching a killer.  Here are two Christmas cozies I enjoyed this week:    

In Jenn McKinlay's Sugar Plum Poisoned, cupcake queen Mel DeLaura nΓ©e Cooper is already inundated with holiday orders when she takes on a baking gig for singer Shelby Vaughn.  But then Shelby's shifty manager bites the big one, and rumor has it that it might be because he bit into one of Mel's cupcakes.  What's a baker to do?  Investigate!  Well, that and prepare to host fifty-plus of her nearest and dearest for Christmas.  Both make for a nerve-wracking -- and entertaining -- Noel.  


In Lee Hollis's Death of a Christmas Caterer, food columnist Hayley Powell is in a pickle when the caterer she hired for the Island Times Christmas party is murdered.  Now the pressure's on to discover the killer before Santa slides down the chimney.  As if hunting down a homicidal maniac isn't hard enough, Hayley's also juggling not one, not two, but three suitors.  Will one of them turn out to be the wise man she wants, or just another elf to shelve?  Only time -- and mistletoe -- will tell.


Before I go, here's something else cozy: Christmas in Cape May.  This pic's from four years ago, but the magic remains.  

As far as I know, there were no murders.    

5 comments:

camdandusler said...

Thanks for your sharing

Ivy's Closet said...

Great ending indeed! Looks like some amazing cozy Christmas reads. Oh, I am so far behind..I might have to pull an all nighter before the big brunch. If I could only get these little tasks out of the way..which seem to turn big. Also I'm getting a Barbie Fashionista I have been wanting for a while..lets hope I don't need anymore Barbie's put the price was good on Amazon and well, it's my gift to me. Hopefully by late January I can reorganize everything..hahahaha..
Wishing you guys a delightful Christmas and hope you can party all week...πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️thanks so much for your comments! Here's to a fabulous and Merry time!

ellie said...

Such amazing lights! Oh, thanks for sharing these Christmas Mysteries too. Seems like my favorite one was about a Fruit Cake Murder..which I am certain I told you before ..how my Mother's Fruit Cake arrived..and really it did look deadly.❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️Wishing you lots of sweet memories with your family! All the best to your baking! Thanks for all your inspiration! Thanks for being here! Merry ChristmasπŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, so festive decorations! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Thanks for the wonderful Christmas Cozy Mystery Reviews! I have not gotten out to see the lights at our park. I know it will be packed with many. It's getting colder, and raining..maybe a wintery mix tonight..but really it is quite warm here for snow..which is quite unusual. πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Be Merry & Bright! & I gotta find my sweatpants for tomorrow's brunch! Happy Holidays! Thanks again for reading and commenting!

Samantha said...

These cozy Christmas reads sound like a whole lot of mystery-laced fun!! The plots definitely would make any typical Christmas stress seem way more peaceful in comparison. "Will one of them turn out to be the wise man she wants, or just another elf to shelve?" LOL!!!! That line is so clever and it made me laugh! Lastly, the photo of Cape May is a gorgeous way to end the post - with some Christmas magic! πŸ’œ✨πŸ’™