Wednesday, January 3, 2024

What's in Store for 2024?

Top: Nine West, Kohl's; Skirt: Candie's, Kohl's

Bag: Betsey Johnson

Necklaces and bracelet: Betsey Johnson

Barrette: Marshalls

For one thing, hopefully, me opening my eyes for pictures!  This shot was sadly the best of the bunch that the husband took of me on New Year's Eve before we headed out with my parents.  But my disappointment got me thinking.  About how I hate New Year's resolutions because I feel that they exacerbate my perfectionism.  Which is a problem as one of my biggest struggles is accepting that things don't always have to go smoothly or look like a postcard or turn out the way I expected.  I'm much better about that stuff than I used to be but still have work to do.

So I take back what I said about wishing I'd opened my eyes.  Even if, metaphorically speaking, I'm opening my eyes -- and heart --to imperfection. 😏👀

6 comments:

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Happy New Year! Your outfit with the bright pink and rich tealI blue is fun and cheerful. I love the purse with the cute little bears! I see that the jewelry continues with the little bear theme. New Years is traditionally a time we take inventory our ourselves-I think we tend to be the most critical our ourselves. Eyes open or shut its a great pose in that bright sunlight!

ellie said...

Such a lovely shot of you with your eyes closed! Happy 2024. I hope it will be good to you. Yes, life is full of imperfection and usually, you just grab it by the horns..or so I did last night. I'm afraid someone in my family has a major illness, but I guess I will find out. I hope it's not that bad. I had to call an ambulance and then I went back to bed. I dunno if I'll be as recharged as my phone, but I guess I will see where the day goes.

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Happy New Year! You look fabulous💕

Ivy's Closet said...

Stay beautiful! Lovely inspiration!

Samantha said...

I'm so impressed with how you tied in the "closed eyes" in the first picture to your "openness" to imperfection in the last paragraph of this post!! That's a great way to accept that life doesn't always go so smoothly, and nonetheless, closed eyes or not, it's a great photo of you and your stunning outfit! I adore your bow and Betsey Johnson accessories. What a way to ring in the new year! 💝✨🤍

Jewel Divas Style said...

Mmmm gummi bears...

That's why I don't do resolutions, I do to-do lists.