Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Thinking Pink and Growing Rainbows

Dress: Speechless, Kohl's



Shoes: Mix No. 6, DSW

Denim shirt: Marshalls; Bag: Ella & Elly, Zulily

As my baby bump burgeons, I'm phasing belts and jeans out of my daily wardrobe.  So I was psyched to unearth my old but trusty black A-line dress to wear to my belated b-day celebration, as well as a skirt and leggings for a doctor's appointment.  Rediscovering these long-forgotten garments has been fun, presenting me with a new kind of fashion challenge.  

Speaking of which, making this Kooky Candy Necklace was another everything-old-is-new-again experience.  Partly because I haven't been crafting much lately, partly because I used old rhinestones I found when decluttering my craft room. 

As its name suggests, Kooky Candy is big and weird and a little bit wonky -- but that's okay because it's mine.  

The other new accessory I'm sporting is this nifty '90s-style scrunchie, which I love but (obviously) didn't make:

Scrunchie: Classic Alpaca, West End Garage

I bought it after Christmas at the West End Garage in Cape May.  It's from a small business called Classic Alpaca, as evidenced by its critter-shaped packaging.  Which in and of itself is cute enough to tack up in my craft room.

There's always space for another civilian in the land of pink and rainbows.

6 comments:

ellie said...

I love the name West End Garage! Oh my, what a beautiful birthday girl! Love that you find all these treasures. Yes, as I have had a week of cleaning or moreless being a tornado it seems I have unearthed some treasures too. I found that floral maxi just in time for the storm..seriously its great to have over those leggings in this subzero temps we have been having. But I also found a MY SCENE doll I didn't know I had. At first I thought it might be a BRATZ. 💕❄️💕❄️💕💕❄️💕❄️💕Oh, thank you so much for your comments! It is always interesting what certain readers pick up on..or not. I'm glad you picked up on KC. And as strange as it really is ME generally is felt what we see in others. As in Oakley thinking Boone only likes Lily because "she's like me." Of course I have had fun bringing in more people on Cedric and Dory's driving adventures, too. Anyway, I'm happy to write about other people..especially, these days. Which have been bogged down with taking care of many things and the snow too. Thanks again for being here. I'm very excited for you and all the best to you and your family everyday!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Wow! I love your new background in the first photo with your basic black dress. Of course I go right to the shoes and these are winners in my book. !! Those hot pink tights are pretty awesome and eye catching too. Looking forward to your new wardrobe changes..

Ivy's Closet said...

You are looking so fab! So great to see your creations! Looking so lovely this January! Here's to celebrating the whole month for your birthday. Wishing you much happiness! Thanks so much for being here! Here's to being warm and cozy along with pink and many ribbons!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Such a wonderful celebration! Adoring all your creativity and shoes and bags too! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Happy Birthday! 💕❄️💕❄️💕❄️💕❄️💕❄️💕💕❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️Oh, more snow in the forecast here!

Samantha said...

Your outfits are fabulous!!! Your necklace is totally cute, and a big shoutout to your orca bow. I saw it once before in your Etsy shop and thought it was sooo cute! 🐬 Your hairdo is so fun, also! The scrunchie (and its packaging!) is uniquely cool and definitely craft room showcase-worthy. 💜 Your birthday shindig looks like it was a yummy blast!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors bouncing off the solid black dress!