Friday, March 22, 2024

Inspiration Transformation: Crafting a Cove With Less Clutter



If you're thinking, hey, aren't you the Trove, not the Cove?  And also, haven't you shown us your craft room before?  Yes and yes.  But over time, this crazy quilt of a sanctuary started to resemble a refuse heap.  The closet overflowed with boxes, and each time I packaged an order, I had to dismantle and dig through them.  What's more, the floor was littered with rolls of wrapping paper, piles of craft kits and books, and jewelry supplies.  Each had its own little pile (I'm not an animal), but still.  I couldn't even bear to take a pic of it.  Just trust me that it was chaos.  

So this past winter, I decided to clean up my act.  I bought a wrapping paper storage box and some colorful craft caddies and trashed anything I couldn't cram inside.  I really got into it, going so far as to sift through my rhinestone stash and weed out any dull and deformed ones.  It was weirdly therapeutic, a way to ease into my pregnancy.  

And now it's a happy place space again with a floor I can actually see.  

Which I'll appreciate come June when I'm knee-deep in diapers.

6 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

You did a FABULOUS job here! My craft room/studio/office is so bad that I don’t even know where to begin.

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, this looks like a great refuge indeed. How I need to do something as well. It can get so complicated. I love what you've done. Wonderful results!❤️🧁🐟🌸🐠🧁❤️Thanks so much for your comments. I decided not to go to the next meeting..but yes, I think of the time I held a book club last minute for someone and I had all these little games about the book, sort of icebreakers. They all looked at me as if I was ill and told me I was too enthusiastic about the book. Of course, I might have been treating them like kids I used to teach.

I did find a Barbie car and a petite paramedic Barbie as well. I am still not sure we are doing anything for Easter. I do have to work that Saturday. The Adult Reading Program starts in April. Hope you have a wonderful weekend in that cove of yours!

ellie said...

You have been busy! Awesome to have this room ready for crafting. That does take some training and like you said, so therapeutic! Oh, I hope things are going well for you ❤️πŸ§πŸ πŸŒΈπŸŸπŸ’•πŸŸπŸŒΈπŸ§❤️ Last night I actually went to a fish fry during LENT. I had never gone to one because they are so crowded, but some people recognized me. It was funny how some woman was talking to me like I might be part of the family then she said, "I don't even know your name, I know you from somewhere." Of course, I think one time is enough for me at such gatherings. Meanwhile...I guess I must have spring fever. Although, I should be sleeping more. All the best with your creativity and getting into nesting mode. Thanks for being here.

Samantha said...

Your craft room is so amazingly cute, and so YOU!!! I adore all the colors and the way you framed your window with your barrette brooches! The colorful craft caddies are the perfect addition - cleaning definitely does wonders, both for space and for the soul! πŸ’œπŸ’—πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’›

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Wow, you really are inspiring. Oh, if I could get through all my odds and ends. You truly did a beautiful job. I think it is a great haven to have. Thanks for the tour! I love it!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Wow. Great job - It always feels good to organize and de-clutter! It looks like such a fun room to me.