Sunday, July 3, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Light Up the Night




Dress: Marshalls
Tee: So, Kohl's
Shoes: MetroStyle
Belt: Everything $10 Tournier
Bag: 9&Co., Kohl's



Bursting with Fruit Juice Flavor Corsage Necklace

Tee: So, Kohl's
Skirt: Strawbridge & Clothier
Shoes: MetroStyle
Bag: The Tote Trove
Belt: Wet Seal



Oh My Stars Carnival Necklace

Tee: City Streets, JCPenney
Skirt: Kohl's
Shoes: City Streets, JCPenney
Bag: Journeys
Belt: B Fabulous



Fruit Treat Necklace

Dress: Kohl's
Shoes: Nine West, Macy's
Bag: Bisou Bisou, JCPenney

When I was in first grade, there was this blurb in our science book about how neon lights are made. I can't tell you anything about the science bit, but I still remember the way that pink flamingo leapt off the page. I've been fascinated by all things neon ever since. Not that that comes as any surprise, especially given this latest bright crop of neckwear.

I made the Fruit Treat and eponymous Bursting with Fruit Juice Flavor Corsage necklaces from Mod Podge-glazed remnants of a tropical Mike and Ike box. (My but that was a wordy sentence; try saying that five times fast!) I'm really getting into this cardboard-as-jewelry thing. As a matter of fact, I have big plans for a pair of fruit wedge-shaped tissue boxes . . .

No comments: