Thursday, October 8, 2009

Make and Tell Challenge: Day 38



Today I used yesterday's magazine beads to make my ribbon necklaces. I started this project during my lunch break and finished at my parents' house during our weekly dinner (I was literally stringing beads during dessert). Here's how I did it:

I took three pieces of very narrow black satin ribbon and knotted the tops together. Then I braided them for an inch or so and closed with another knot. Next I left an inch or so of bare ribbon space and made another knot (actually, it was six knots all jumbled together) to anchor a grouping of wooden and magazine beads, and another knot to close it. I completed the three strands the same way, then closed with another braid. I'm thrilled with the result. They're a little bit arts n' crafts and a little bit Caribbean vacation. I made two so I could keep one and post one on Etsy.

No comments: