Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Felt With Valentine's Flair

Fabulous Felt Cherry Pie Necklace

Fabulous Felt Hearts Necklace

Fabulous Felt Chocolate Strawberries Necklace

There are felt remnants all over my house. Some of them are tiny, others not so tiny. I find them wedged between my sheets, floating in my bathtub, and ensnared in my lint trap. I know I should tidy my craft area more often to prevent such havoc, but I prefer to maintain (and grow) my remnant pile instead. Mostly because I think I'll end up working on a new necklace only to need a piece that I discarded (and I buy enough felt as it is), partly because I'm lazy. So, the siege continues.

In honor of my Fabulous Felt Cherry Pie Necklace, I thought I'd share my mom's Cherry Sweetie Pie recipe. Although I've never made it myself, I can vouch that it's full of decadent goodness.

Ingredients:


1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 cup milk
1/2 pint sour cream
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 jar cherry pie filling
2 baked pie shells

Directions:


Blend cream cheese and milk, add sour cream slowly. Then sprinkle on pudding. Reserve 1/4 cup of cherries for decoration, then add the rest of the cherries to the mixture. Spoon into pre-baked pie shells and garnish with cherries. Chill 1 hour.

No comments: