Sunday, February 27, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Great Escapes

Fabulous Felt Ocean Necklace

Fabulous Felt Desert Necklace

Fabulous Felt Rain Forest Necklace

I'd wanted to make the Fabulous Felt Desert Necklace for some time. Don't ask me why; the idea just sort of called to me. I was so excited about its completion that I wore it to the mall yesterday as the piece de resistance of an otherwise cowgirl-esque ensemble. As for the ocean and rain forest necklaces, they just sort of came to me as logical complements to the desert. You may have noticed that I've taken to creating my felt neckpieces in themed trios; it's a weird little game I like to play, and I've come to thrive upon the challenge.

In other felt news, I recently purchased two storage boxes in which to house my felt; one for the full pieces, the other for the remnants. This bout of organization wasn't self-motivated, but spurred by the bf's comment that the lime green felt scraps (of which there are many, as I have a penchant for lime green) suggested that I'd killed Kermit the Frog. Seeing as he has a penchant for Kermie (you may recall that he assumed his likeness last Halloween), I figured I'd better hightail it to Target and get those boxes already. Which I did, only to realize that I have way more felt than I thought and probably should've sprung for at least three boxes. Such is the life of a craft supply hoarder.

2 comments:

Deco Aurora said...

Omg these are amazing. Can I feature you on my blog? If so email me and I will send you a little Questionnaire. Decoaurora@gmail.com

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks; you made my day :) I'll email you.