Saturday, February 26, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Takeout Treats

Fabulous Felt Sandwich Necklace

Fabulous Felt Pizza Necklace

Fabulous Felt Hoagie Necklace

When I was kid, we had this 1970s brown leather swivel chair that had arms that looked like cartoon hoagie bread. At least they did to my five-year-old mind. So, I started calling it the Hoagie House. I liked to spin it around, hoagie arms facing me, and camp out behind it with a bunch of toys. Later I discovered that it was a great place to hide from unwanted visitors, which only upped its appeal. Anyhoo, it was the Hoagie House that inspired the Fabulous Felt Hoagie Necklace pictured here. Like its namesake, this neckpiece is quite large. For that reason and others, it's possibly best worn when no one else is around.

No comments: