Sunday, February 13, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Wild Mushrooms, Wild Hearts

Fabulous Felt Hearts Necklace

Fabulous Felt Bright Palms Necklace

Last week I was delighted to sell my first two Fabulous Felt necklaces. One featured hearts, the other palm trees, and I went to work creating new necklaces of the same theme to replenish my shop. I posted them today, along with the Fabulous Felt Mushrooms Necklace pictured here, and to my utter shock the palm tree one -- along with one of my felt bird necklaces -- sold immediately, to the same customer who purchased the two necklaces last week! Mostly, I make these felt creations because I like to. I get an idea and am not satisfied until I can transform it into something I can see -- and wear. (Just last night on the way home from dinner I told the bf that I wanted to make a traffic light necklace, maybe with a taxi cab and some other city stuff, because I was looking up at the traffic lights as he drove.) But when someone else appreciates my work enough to buy it, well, that's just about the best compliment I can receive.

2 comments:

SparkleFarkel said...

Congratulations on your sale! What a nice way to herald in the lovey holiday! Are you and Mr. Totey Trove going to be wining and dining and dancing tonight? Have a wonderful Valentine's Day, Love Birdies!

P.S. For you! (<--Clicky-clicky!) After you share all the chocolates it holds with your Sweetheart, you can use the pretty box to make a new pursey-tote!

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks!
Mr. Totey Trove - that's a hoot; what 'til I tell him :) Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day too!