Saturday, June 25, 2011

Hello Old Friends: Pins from the Past


I went through an old suitcase tonight and discovered these pins (and two pairs of clip-on earrings) in one of the compartments! I remembered each and every piece but thought I'd gotten ridden of them years ago (although I couldn't imagine why, as they were all so cute). It was a nice surprise, kind of like discovering a whimsical vintage shop and walking away with a collection of baubles for free. My favorite of the lot always was and remains the hummingbird perched above the yellow flower.

4 comments:

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Oooo those are all AWESOME!!

The Tote Trove said...

Thanks!

Jewel Divas Style said...

I've kept a load of brooches from when I was a kid. I pulled the pin off and stuck them on other things.

The Tote Trove said...

How inventive! I love repurposing jewelry too :)