Sunday, April 21, 2019

The Goof is in the Pudding: Hip Hop Happy Easter



Dress: So, Kohl's
Shoes: Forever Link, Zulily
Bag: Betsey Johnson, Boscov's
Sunglasses: JCPenney
Necklaces: The Tote Trove

This isn't my Easter outfit.  This is:


And if you look very closely, you can see that I'm wearing last Easter's Fabulous Felt Ham Dinner Barrette (as a brooch) and one of my Pink Bopp rings:


Pink Bopp Ring (the one on the right :)

Still, the pink pompom on my new Green Pompom Bow Barrette sort of says Peter Cottontail.  As for the feathers on my hat, well, they say something else.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Easter is my favorite holiday.  The food is fab, the outfits are spring sweet, and the world is just waking up.  All of which makes me more thankful than I am at Thanksgiving, when the celebration is centered on a big dead bird and the world's slipping into a coma.    

So, why do I think Easter eats are so yummy?  Um, ham and cheese please.  Also, chocolate.  Lots of it.  See Exhibit A, otherwise known as brownie trifle:



Now, you know I don't like to cook.  Which is why this dessert more or less came from a box.  First, the Betty Crocker brownie mix box, then the JELL-O pudding mix box.  Although the whipped cream, I'm happy to report, came fresh from a -- no, not cow -- carton.  But if it were up to me I wouldn't have used Betty Crocker.  I don't know if you know this, but Betty is a bad bitch.  And not in an empowering way, like Ruth Bader Ginsburg or Doctor Barbie.  But in a straight up what's-up-with this formula, lady? way.  Because Betty's brownies almost always come out dry.  Not like Duncan Hines's, which are always your moist delicious best (pause for trademark ding).  Is this a slight slam at feminism?  Maybe.  Also at ShopRite for being out of Duncan.  But batter doesn't lie.  Anyhoo, I did what I always do when I feel a dish -- or anything, for that matter -- is lacking, which is make it pretty.  And in this case, add Peeps.   

Here's hoping you have a very hoppy Easter with your peeps.  And when I say hoppy I'm just taking advantage of an easy pun.  I in no way endorse post-ham potato sack races.  Because I don't want anyone tripping and hitting his or her head and ending up in a coma.

Save that for Thanksgiving.  It needs it.     

4 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, for me it is the same! I really like Easter with all the colours and the fresh food! What you wore is perfect for this time and I adore how you combined the colours and prints. And I think you dessert is very creative!
Happy Easter!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh, I can't get over how amazing your Easter outfit is!!! (Love the first outfit, too!) Your hat is so stunning and the whole outfit itself is just breathtaking! I feel so happy to see you wearing my ring with the outfit, to boot! The ham dinner barrette as a brooch is a perfect addition to the blouse. Easter is such a fun holiday and I'm glad to see you thoroughly enjoyed it; the brownie trifle is so creative and adding the peeps was such a cute and festive idea! You made it pretty, indeed!!

sonia // daring coco said...

I hope you had a lovely Easter. It's also one of my fave holidays too, though for us it's the turn of falling into a coma as winter approaches hahahaha. Which is favourable for me since I am more of a winter gal than sun bunny. Speaking of, that outfit is so much joy. Definitely an ode to warmer days, and that brooch is delightful and unique too. Never seen one like it but I love it.

Sxx
daringcoco.com

Dressed With Soul said...

Have a happy rest of the week <3
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com