Sunday, September 15, 2019

No Llama Drama: Where the Mild Things Are . . .

Wild Fable, Target


Candie's, Kohl's


Candie's, Kohl's


Lily White, Marshalls

 . . . is where I'll be.  As you know, I'm a homebody bookworm, and the craziest thing about me is my clothes.  That said, safari styles make it easy for me to, well, roar.  Because animal prints are fierce.  Whether leopard, zebra, tiger, or even flamingo, this toothsome trend says, "Don't mess with me."  But then, "trend" is something of a misnomer.  Because animal prints have been around since "The Flintstones."  They're as classic as cat fights and as timeless as bar brawls.  And no, cat fights and bar brawls are not the same thing.  Meows hold more menace than punches.

What is trendy is the zooful of cute creatures that graces everything from pillows to ponchos.  First it was owls, then foxes, then sloths.  And now it's llamas.  Known for their sweet, soulful faces and boho chic vibe, these four-legged lovelies are parading through their fifteen minutes of fame festooned with feathers and pompoms.  This colorful canvas could be their mascot: 

Me and my llama.

I wish I could take credit for making it, but that honor goes to Marshalls.  Just as the honor for making my faux jumpsuit (really just a matching top and jeans; you know I don't do rompers) goes to JCPenney.  I did make these Llama Mama necklaces, though.  One for you (or rather, the craft buying public), one for me.



That said, here are some factoids about llamas.  They come from Trip Savvy, which I've decided not to link to because some day that link will die, leaving a big black hole in this post.  The text after each quote, though, isn't from Trip Savvy but me -- with some help from The Lion King

- "Llamas know their own limits.  If you try to overload a llama with too much weight, the llama is likely to lie down or simply refuse to move." 

Don't let people burden you with more than you can handle.  Play dead if you have to to show those bullies who's boss!

- "Llamas don't bite.  They spit when they're agitated, but that's mostly at each other." 

When it comes to the circle of life, don't eat or be eaten.  Live and let live.  Squabbles with your nearest and dearest, however, are always part of the deal.

- "Llama poop has almost no odor.  Llama farmers refer to llama manure as "llama beans."  It makes great, eco-friendly fertilizer.  The Incas in Peru burned dried llama poop for fuel." 

If possible, then don't make a stink.  And leave things a little bit better than you found them. 

So simple, yet so philosophical.  We could learn a lot from the llama.

Especially the part about spitting.

3 comments:

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, it is interesting what you wrote about the llamas! How great the poop has almost no odor! And sounds like we are not too different as I'm also a homebody which loves to read :) And I love as usual your wonderful creative and colourful looks!
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Samantha said...

I am loving this animal print post!! You look fabulous in these prints, and I love the llama necklaces you made. The collage of barrettes in your hair looks so pretty and eye-catching. I adore those rainbow platforms, by the way! You look so cool standing next to that cute llama canvas print (I would've never guessed it wasn't a jumpsuit!). Lastly, the llama facts you wrote out are solid gold. My favorite: "Don't let people burden you with more than you can handle. Play dead if you have to to show those bullies who's boss!"

Jewel Divas Style said...

Gotta love animal print although I'm more partial to the flamingos as they're in my two fave colours of blue and pink.

As for llamas, I wonder if his name is Lorenzo... No? I don't know why people have become fascinated with them the last few years, I don't particularly find them cute enough to go crazy over.