Wednesday, January 1, 2020

One Year More and Beads Galore


A new year means new adventures -- and new necklaces!  And one of the best things about making new necklaces is the supplies.  Here are some bits and bobbles I've amassed recently.  Some are craft store scores, others are jewelry clearance rack rescues, and a few are from my sister's supply stash.  "Take what you want," she told me, "I'm just never going to make jewelry."  So I did.  (I left behind a David Lee Roth button, which she then disposed of.  Both of us now regret it.)  I like looking at it all and imagining what it'll become.  Will the finished pieces best suit a hippie or a harajuku lover?  A fairy tale fan or an '80s enthusiast?  Or some magical mash-up of all these personas?  There are no limits, like a no-holds-barred, never-ending, grown-up game of dress up.  And that's what I love. 

Boho-kawaii pop princess (could've been prince, sorry, David), suit up

4 comments:

Samantha said...

What a great stash of beads you acquired! I'm sure you'll make some lovely jewelry out of it. :)

Tanza Erlambang said...

lovely beads....

Have a wonderful weekend

Kinga K. said...

Nice beads :)

Jewel Divas Style said...

I love getting hoards of jewellery as you never know what you're going to make out of it. Something new and exciting that no one else has.