Monday, January 6, 2020

Happy Cappy: A Birthday Tie Dye For

 Top to bottom: Wild Fable, Target; Elizabeth and James, Kohl's; Rebellious One, Macy's


 Crown Rules Necklace

Posh Perch Necklace 

Fuzzy Wuzzy Woodland Necklace 

They say that tie-dye is trendy again, begging the question: Where has it been all this time?  In the back of a VW van?  Or, in the closet of some '90s teen next to a lunchbox overflowing with baby barrettes and a cracked copy of No Doubt's "Tragic Kingdom?"  Tie-dye does sound a lot like To Die For, that mid-'90s flick where Nicole Kidman would rather be a murderous weather girl than have Matt Dillon's baby.  Still, I vote for the van.  It sounds mellower.   

Regardless of where tie-dye came from or when it came back, I opted to wear one of my new tie dye tops for my birthday.  Yep, thirty-eight years ago today, I came into the world looking, I imagine, every bit as bewildered as I do here on my kinda-sorta-but-not-quite-tie-dye rug:


Back then, my mom used to tape bows to my tiny, hairless head.  Maybe that's where I got my love of accessories?  Anyway, much like tie-dye, birthdays make you think about where you're going and where you've been.  And I can honestly say that I'm a lot happier at thirty-eight than I was at twenty-eight or eighteen.  Partly because I'm more settled, partly because I'm more confident.  

And partly because I've got a bigger closet.      

As a Capricorn goat, it takes me a long time to get where I'm going.  But I've always been equipped for the climb.  Which makes me wonder what the next ten, twenty, or even thirty-eight years will bring.

Hopefully, pizza.  And a No Doubt reunion. 

6 comments:

Sakuranko said...

Oh very interesting accessories darling
xx

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Tracy!!! I hope you enjoyed your special day. I'm loving the tie-dye tops and the ultra fun necklaces! That's so cute that your mom used to tape bows to your hairless head! I love the photo of you at the end - classic! It's neat how we tend to become happier and more confident with age. ;) And a bigger closet never hurts, either! Bring on the pizza.

Dressed With Soul said...

Happy belated birthday, you look wonderful! It makes me smile what your mom did :) I could imagine you are right with your conclusion! And for me it is the same as for you: I'm defintetely a lot happier now than at twenty-eight or eighteen! Big closests should be never underestimated :)
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

sonia // daring coco said...

Happy belated birthday to you! And I hope you had a lovely festive and New Year! I've always been a fan of tie-dye. In or out I feel like it's always been hanging around, maybe a little overshadowed by some louder trends. but still there, cool as a cucumber, unfazed by some unruly few.

Sxx
daringcoco.com

Kinga K. said...

I love tie dye ♥

Jewel Divas Style said...

The posh perch necklace is cute and reminds me of something I've got.

As for that rug, HELLO rainbow!