Friday, January 31, 2020

Little Pink Houses for You and Tree


The subject of this post is no mystery.  Although "little" may be a misnomer considering the size of this stately Victorian (which you may recognize from Cape Escape and Beads with Bite).  Then again, kitschy Christmas trees and gingerbread trim just might be what John Cougar Mellencamp had in mind when writing about those rose-colored dwellings in his satiric song about the American Dream.  Socioeconomic commentary aside, I loved seeing this house in Cape May back in the beginning of January.  It shone in the cold, dark night like a beacon bathed in liquid cherries.  If houses were desserts, then this one would be a birthday cake, the artificially dyed and flavored kind that comes out of a box.  If you know about my love of cake mixes (and I think you do), then you know that this is high praise.

Here's something else that's pink and sweet: a double scoop of old necklaces against a background of floating cherries (a fruit that's two for two in this post).  Unlike other things that come in scoops (I'm talking to you, ice cream.  Even though, structurally, you're more like spaghetti.), they don't get freezer burned if you leave them alone for a while.  Instead, they grow brighter and more beautiful, like the pink mildew around your shower drain.  That's right: I just tooted my own crafter's horn and got gooey about a parasite.  But I take my happiness where I can find it.


That said, pink houses may be dream houses.  But they'll always be real -- and real tasty -- to me.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

"...they grow brighter and more beautiful, like the pink mildew around your shower drain." LOL! Okay, that pink Victorian house is an absolute dream! The pink Christmas trees are the icing on the cake. I love that statement necklace - especially the cute little brown fawn charm!

Jewel Divas Style said...

That house looked gorgeous. I love how some people go all out for festivities, and who doesn't love a pink Christmas tree!