Saturday, July 4, 2020

Just for the Taste of It: Diet Broke



Bag: Betsey Johnson, Amazon; Charm: Carole, J. C. Penney's


Disney, Target


Charming Charlie

Happy birthday, America.  I know you've been sick for awhile.  May I suggest a nice, refreshing Coca-Cola?  It's sweet and fizzy and will put pep in your step.  Once upon a time it was made from cocaine.  Maybe there's still some in there. 

To celebrate your big day, I'm breaking my quarantine.  A little.  I'm considering it quarantine jailbreak lite, a diet jailbreak, if you will.  I've been in my house since March 16 and have left only three times, just to pick up orders.  But my parents, who have themselves ventured very few places, asked the husband and me to come over for a socially distanced, outdoor BBQ for the Fourth of July.  They specified that it would just be the four of us, and that I didn't have to come if I didn't want to.  The thought of busting out made me uneasy.  Not necessarily because I thought I would catch corona from my parents or give it to them (although I realized that both were a possibility), but because I had a weird sense of pride about my unbroken quarantine streak.  I had everything I needed in the self-contained bubble of my cozy Dutch colonial, with groceries, books, and various fripperies arriving on the regular.  So was a holiday, even one with my parents, who are caution itself and with whom I'm very close, really a good reason to break this seal? 

In the end, I decided it was.  My parents are my people, after all, and I miss them.  So, armed with my mask and antibacterial gel (now again available from Bath and Body Works!), I'm braving the wilds of the other end of Atlantic County for the USA's b-day. 

Wherever you are and whatever you do, I wish you a happy Fourth of July.  Have fun and be safe. 

In other words, don't do cocaine. 

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Ahhh, I love all of these beautiful July 4th looks!! Each is so representative of the holiday in completely different styles. Love the Coca Cola top, the second outfit is such a stunning, elegant look (LOVE that Chip purse!) and the last outfit is soooo fun with the popsicle clutch! Happy Fourth of July ~ have fun! (Great advice you ended the post with, also!) ;)

Kinga K. said...

You always look so cute❤

Dressed With Soul said...

Oh, this means we are nearly since the same date at home. My last day at work was March, 16th :) How wonderful you left the house after you have been invited but I see the quarantaine doesn't make lose you your fantastic sense of fashion as you look wonderful in all of these looks.
xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
www.dressedwithsoul.com

Tanza Erlambang said...

just went to down town during July 4th celebration....watching fireworks...

You look so pretty with eye glass.

Have a wonderful day

Jewel Divas Style said...

Ah, hello, an ice cream purse!

As for covid, I'm over it. The experts tell us that those who get it will just have flu like symptoms, yet they're trying to prevent us from getting a virus none of us can really stop. Either way, life hasn't stopped for me. Still went out once a week for shopping. We've never shut down the planet for a virus before and we've all seen how screwed up it becomes. We can't keep doing it. We need to get back to normal wearing our fancy duds and high heels.