Tuesday, February 27, 2024

A New Way to Be, Nothing to See, Just a Geriatric Pregnancy

Coat: Nine West, Kohl's

Bag: Isaac Mizrahi, Marshalls; Scrunchie: Ella and Elly, Zulily

Sweater: So, Kohls; Skirt (a dress!): Three Hearts, Kohl's

Jewelry: Macy's

Top: Candie's, Kohl's; Boots: Mossimo, Target

Bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Here I am looking downright rural.  So, evidence that this bump is turning me into a country bumpkin.  I'm not mad at it, though.  It feels cozy and simple and safe at a time when life is anything but.  

Today I went for my 24-week checkup, where I was informed that I can register for my June hospital stay now if I do so desire.  Yikes!  I mean, the crib is still in the box.  Also, in slightly more serious but let's-not-freak-out news, I may have gestational diabetes.  My test results were just a wee bit elevated, which means -- yes, you guessed it -- more testing and more needles.  But I'm getting good at getting bloodwork (yesterday at LabCorp, I didn't even flinch), an activity that, as you know, used to nearly make me faint.  So, progress.    

But back to the outfits.  Full disclosure: The pink dress and jean skirt pics were taken last month.  There's no way I could wear a jean skirt -- or anything else with a zipper -- now.  But the pink sweater pic was taken yesterday.  Yep, I got gussied up for LabCorp.  

So now to up my diet and exercise game just a tiny bit for this tiny one.  

Because as ever I have hope that all things great and small are always possible.

5 comments:

ellie said...

Oh, I'm lov'n the outfits! Love the pink sweater. And that blue heart purse..adorable!

Wishing you all the best. Time is flying. All the best to your diet, exercise, and little one. 💙❤️🖤💚🖤❤️💙🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀 Oh, thanks for your comments. Yes, I guess Rafe did surprise everyone. Just when you think..oh, he's so grown up now...but not really. Thanks so much for being here and for your comments. Wishing you all the best in the months ahead. And love your inspiration in all that you do.

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, you guys are growing. I hope you won't have to have too many blood tests. I am not a fan. Although, I did get an appointment today with a new doctor and that might mean blood tests today too... Although, my blood sugar wasn't too awful this morning. And I did have to have my golden milk last night but with almond milk.💙💙💙💙💙❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Stay comfy. & here's to eating more veg and protein!

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, I hope you didn't have to drink that ghastly sweet stuff and then you have to sit and wait, through all sorts of blood tests. It can really feel endless.

💛🍋🩷🍋💛 LOVE LOVE LOVE the Rural look! So great to see your fashion! Oh, I feel like I should be wearing a track suit here with all the moving we are doing at the library. Although, we aren't loading the books in Uhauls yet, just trying to secure the info of what we have. 💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁 Oh, I hope I don't forget too many of my characters..especially, when I am inspired by new ones.

Samantha said...

Cozy and comfortable looks fabulous and fashionable on you!! I adore the big yellow bow hair Scrunchie in the first outfit, and you brought style and cuteness to LabCorp! The fuzzy sweater looks so warm and matches your blue heart purse perfectly. Lastly, I'm so sorry to hear about the possible gestational diabetes, but I'm sure you'll handle things like a champ! 💙🎀 (Side note: love the title of this post!)

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Thank you so much for all your feedback and more! Sometimes, I wonder if I have spring fever too..in all my stories.(✿◡‿◡) This month someone is presenting Storyline pacing. I'm not sure I can sit through the powerpoint..and well, I guess you could say I like my pacing already. Although, I am sure some are waiting for some conclusion with Wade...(⓿_⓿)(u‿ฺu✿ฺ) Thank you so much for reading and commenting. I greatly appreciate it!