Monday, February 12, 2024

Valentine Time: Pink With a Wink of Maroon

Coat and dress: LC Lauren Conrad; Boots: Jessica Simpson, DSW

Bag: Betsey Johnson

Brooch: Napier, Kohl's; Hot pink necklace: Nine West, Kohl's

Jacket: Candie's, Kohl's; Bag: Betsey Johnson, Macy's, Shoes: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Hooks: Michaels

Top: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's

Dress: ELLE, Kohl's

Bag: Delia's, Dolls Kill


Red may have been all the rage yesterday when Kansas City took on San Francisco, but here at the Trove, I'm thinking pink.  Also, maroon.  Or, to be more accurate, rust.  But maroon sounds more refined than a color usually used to describe a decaying Chrysler.

For the office, the family Valentine's bash, and the ever-popular I-put-this-on-just-to-take-a-pic op, I donned the colors of Cupid.  Each outfit includes maternity leggings, which are now a staple, and whatever regular clothes I can still squeeze into.  The polka dot dress is a swing style with no waist -- so, ideal for an ever-expanding midsection.  The surplice top is roomy, and the black skirt has a big, stretchy waistband that I positioned below my bump.  Finally, the pink sheath was always big.  No need to belt that baby now -- or for the foreseeable future!

And so that's my kind of Hail Mary, something else football, two-point-conversion, something else football, field goal, never mind, let's just go with the generic, gets-the-job-done wardrobe win.

As if you didn't know sports aren't my strong suit. 😏🚫🏈

4 comments:

ellie said...

Oh so many sweet outfits! Adoring that tulle skirt over the leggings too! Love the colors you combined! Such great little touches too.πŸ’•πŸ©·❤️🀍🍩❤️πŸ©·πŸ’•
Getting ready for our Fat Tuesday potluck can be daunting..but the fudge turned out marvelous!🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🀍🀍🀍🀍🀍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks for your comments! I am having a little fun with Amy & Eli and even with Jen too. Although, it is sometimes, hard to ring everyone in. I have a couple writers who are encouraging. It is an interesting variety. Although, I haven't gone to the meeting as of late. 🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷 Hope you are doing well. And finding lots of favorite veg and fruit to eat. Happy Valentines and more🩷🩷🩷

Hollyn'Stevie said...

You have definitely captured the feel of February with these amazing outfits! You do have an impressive bag collection too! So great to see all this beautiful color! Happy Valentines Day🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🀍🀍🀍🀍🀍🀍 OH..after practically a year..Stevie is back....I had been pondering to do a do over with the story..but decide..no..just go on..maybe you'll figure it out...

Samantha said...

Your Valentine's outfits are definitely a wardrobe win!!! I adore all of them; the flamingo purse is so cute, and the contrast between the black and hot pink with the cow print purse is so striking! The second outfit most definitely has Cupid vibes. πŸ’˜ Same here; sports aren't my strong suit either, but you intertwined it marvelously in your post! πŸ¦©πŸ’—

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

I definitely prefer pink for Valentine's Day. You still have so many wonderful outfits that still fit you! The hot pink shift is stunning and I like how you offset it with the black. I have a friend who loves the flamingo theme and go would nuts over that little Betsey Johnson bag! Looking forward to seeing your new outfits as you grow!