Saturday, February 24, 2024

Sunbeam Scream

Top: Elizabeth and James, Kohl's; Skirt: Candie's, Kohl's; Boots: Chase & Chloe, Zulily

Bag: Olivia Miller, JCPenney

Anchor necklace: Charming Charlie

Art block: Primitives by Kathy, Zulily

Sweater and bag: LC Lauren Conrad, Kohl's; Skirt: Kohl's

A colorful corner of the craft room

Dress: Lula Roe; Shirt: Bongo, Sears; Boots: Penny Loves Kenny, Amazon

Bag: Delia's, Dolls Kill


Logistically speaking, sunbeams don't scream.  Unless, of course, it's summer, and even then they don't scream so much as scorch the skin of careless beachgoers.  But the phrase sounded good so I used it, despite the winter chill that still stings the air.  

To that end, here are some very yellow -- and very boho -- outfits.  I wore the first one to Valentine's dinner with the husband and the other two to run errands.  (I don't run errands often, so when I do, I make the most of it.)  None of the clothes are maternity except for the leggings.  The yellow sweater is one of my favorites, and when I saw myself in the mirror, I thought, yep, you can tell she's really in there.  Which was kind of crazy but also cool.

Even if it did make me fret about someday soon protecting her from the sun.

7 comments:

Kinga K. said...

I love your first blouse :D

ellie said...

Oh, that first one had an indigenous feel to it! Such a wonderful outfit with those boots! I love how you take spring with you, everywhere you go! Awesome painting too! Just black and gray on a windy day to the author's fest..since I didn't buy anything this year. I didn't want to spend more money than I had with one author whose son doesn't make change very well. But we talked too much even yesterday. πŸ’•πŸ’šπŸ©·πŸ‰πŸ§πŸ€πŸ‰πŸ©·πŸ’•thank you so much for the comments! I have to say I was so surprised to find 5 comments on my latest post. I didn't think anybody would want to read about Rafe..lol...who knows he might be my next 'Tristan" well, of course not. So happy to see your post. Wishing you all the best with your creativity! & moreπŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ‹πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€πŸ€

Caitlin'nMegan said...

Oh, such glorious outfits. Very charming and whimsical. Love all the little touches. And you do give YELLOW the wow factorπŸ’›πŸ‹πŸ’›πŸ‹πŸ’›πŸ‹πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ thank you so much for your comments and reading. All I can say the actor 'Gulf' aka Tristan does have a way of inspiring the unpredictable. I might not know his language, but he can convey so many complex emotions. And who knows, maybe Jade and Dale will be besties yet. Although, like life..we start with someone and then end up with another. Thanks again for your feedback. All the best to your blog and your inspiring outfits and moreπŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ€

camdandusler said...

You look so nice, thanks for your sharing

Mor Düşler Kitaplığı said...

You look so nice and colorful! :))
Have a good week :)

Ivy's Closet said...

Oh, you are a ray of sunshine in each outfit! Adoring what you can do with a bag too..as well..as those glorious boots. Such a fantastic post! πŸ’•πŸ©·πŸ’›❤️πŸ’™πŸ’š

Samantha said...

Love all the yellow in your outfits!! πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’› Your craft room corner is so springlike (along with the painting!) and I especially love the choker and anchor necklace paired with your hair barrette in the first look. The vertical striped skirt is so pretty - love the colors!