Monday, September 13, 2010

For the Love of Stuff

Some stuff I made.

Some stuff I bought.

Some stuff I washed.

You get the idea.




The other day on my lunch break I heard John Lennon's "Imagine" on the radio, a song I love (and who doesn't?). But any deep thoughts I might have had were besieged by shallow musing set off by the line "Imagine no possessions. I wonder if you can." Although I did as John instructed, I found myself coming up short. No possessions? No candy-colored bits and pieces crowding every available surface in my house? I was flummoxed by the concept. As a self-professed clotheshorse, shopaholic, collector, and artist I'm a person for whom "things" hold great importance. Sometimes I find myself just staring at a newly purchased knickknack or recently discovered bric-a-bric to be upcycled into a new project. Just last night I sat transfixed by my handmade necklace collection, much to the bf's amusement. (I'm lucky, I think, that he's amused by me.)

So, enough about me. What are a few of your favorite things?

No comments: