Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Something New and Sparkly: Fiesta Forever



Felt Flower Fiesta Corsage Necklace

Top: Kohl's
Skirt: Steve Madden, ROSS Dress for Less
Leggings: UK Style by French Connection for Sears
Shoes: Ann Marino, Marshalls
Bag: Marshalls

I never imagined I'd quote a Lionel Richie lyric, much less on the blog.  But it happened.  Still, "fiesta forever" seemed like a good descriptor for my new Felt Flower Fiesta Corsage Necklace.  Like so many of my neckpieces, it turned out bigger than I expected, although not in a bad way.  Its tropical vibe makes me think of an exotic bazaar (sounds so much better than flea market, don't you think?) crammed with colorful tables yielding secrets.  Well, not so much secrets as oddities.  Crumbling, one-eyed statues.  Tinsel-shot scarves.  Perfumes that smell more like potions.  And of course, decades-old, can't-find-it-anywhere-else jewelry.

**As a disclaimer, this necklace is brand new and comes from no such place, but rather a smoke-and pet-free seaside cottage.  Even so, it's nice to paint a picture. :)             

No comments: