Sunday, September 4, 2011

Etsy Favorites: What is it About Hello Kitty?

 Hello Kitty Lunchbox, Fred Flare


A pair of necklaces I made for myself from Hello Kitty key chains I found in Target's dollar spot aisle. I got the Hello Kitty-printed ribbon later as a gift and decided to add it to the necklaces for extra charm.  I can't wait to break them out! (As is the case with most of my creations, they look a lot better in person :)

 Hello Kitty Rainbow Sandwich Keeper and Tumbler Set, Tupperware

 Sweet Kitty Kawaii Lollipop Surprise Necklace, Candy Glam Land

 Super Kawaii Hello Kitty Jewelry Box, Sara McCobb Hubbell Designs

 Sweet Pink Tea Time Kitty Bangle Bracelet, Danielle Miranda

 Polka Dot Hello Kitty Tote, Torched Creations

 Red, White, and Black Kitty Hair Bow, Little Maddie Bird

 Little Star Twins Pin, Prancing Bee

Kawaii My Melody Resin Necklace, Baked

This cat's been kicking since before I was born, yet probably has more fans than the most avid Facebook addict.  A permanent fixture in toy stores, on Etsy, and in my own personal collection, Hello Kitty continues to enchant the young and young-at-heart.  Yet despite her mass appeal, this pretty kitty is -- gasp -- not my favorite Sanrio character.  That honor goes to the Little Star Twins, with My Melody coming in at a close second.  Oddly, I have no relics by which to remember them, my grape-flavored Star Twins-themed lip balm having long since dried up, and my My Melody change purse-slash-bracelet having been nabbed by an envious classmate.  

So, I was delighted to find a variety of Sanrio-inspired creations on Etsy.  Although I could've posted dozens, I narrowed my picks down to the seven wonderfully whimsical items shown here.  (The lunchbox and lunch set are mine.  I meant to carry the metal lunchbox as a purse but haven't got around to it yet.) 

No comments: