Sunday, September 4, 2011

What is it About Hello Kitty?

 Hello Kitty Lunchbox, Fred Flare


 A pair of necklaces I made for myself from Hello Kitty key chains I found in Target's dollar spot aisle. I got the Hello Kitty-printed ribbon later as a gift and decided to add it to the necklaces for extra charm.  I can't wait to break them out! (As is the case with most of my creations, they look a lot better in person :)









This cat's been kicking since before I was born, yet probably has more fans than the most avid Facebook addict.  A permanent fixture in toy stores, on Etsy, and in my own personal collection, Hello Kitty continues to enchant the young and young-at-heart.  Yet despite her mass appeal, this pretty kitty is - gasp - not my favorite Sanrio character.  That honor goes to the Little Star Twins, with My Melody coming in at a close second.  Oddly, I have no relics by which to remember them, my grape-flavored Star Twins-themed lip balm having long since dried up, and my My Melody change purse-slash-bracelet having been nabbed by an envious classmate.  

So, I was delighted to find a variety of Sanrio-inspired creations on Etsy.  Although I could've posted dozens, I narrowed my picks down to the seven wonderfully whimsical items shown here.  (The lunchbox and lunch set are mine.  I meant to carry the metal lunchbox as a purse but haven't got around to it yet.) 

No comments: